Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday Night Blackened Tilapia

In an effort to lose some extra pounds, Erik and I are eating smaller portions and healthier meals.

Tonight we went with whatever we had in the freezer and pantry - frozen broccoli, tilapia, and basmati rice.

I steamed the broccoli with some cajun seasoning, and somewhat followed a recipe for herbed rice. The tilapia was pan fried following a Food Network recipe.

Herbed Basmati Rice Recipe
Big Daddy's Blackened Tilapia Recipe


The tilapia turned out very good - the smoked paprika made it a bit too smoky for my liking, but Erik loved it. We found a really great recipe to make our own cajun seasoning, which I used on the broccoli and would have been good on the tilapia too. I can share the recipe if anyone is interested.

It's our third week of cutting back our "American-sized" portions, and since the holidays I know I have lost a few pounds. It has been a challenge, but we are going to keep it up!

1 comments:

meagan said...

Sorry about the strangely sized text. The blog was getting mad at the html code for some reason.

The rice we only added the herbs, which were dry not fresh. It would have been better if we had all of the ingredients, but it was a nice change from plain white rice.

Post a Comment